Data is often referred to as "new oil" or "new gold" for a good reason. Data helps businesses to grow and prosper, predict trends, identify opportunities, and stay ahead of competitors by providing insights into consumer behavior or certain market conditions before they actually occur. That’s why specialists capable of transforming scattered data into valuable business insights are extremely appraised. If you are interested in stepping in the field of Data Science, start with the materials recommended by EPAM Data specialists.
Fundamentals of mathematical analysis
Maxima and Minima
- Comprehensive beginners guide to Linear Algebra for Data Scientists
Eigenvectors and Eigenvalues
- An easy-to-digest visual explanation of Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Advanced level Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors explanation by MIT educators
- An explanation of how to express a quadratic form with a matrix
Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra
A comprehensive course on Linear Algebra covering such topics as vectors and matrices, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and their implementation in working with datasets. The course aims to help students bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and understand how to apply these concepts to machine learning.
Probability theory fundamentals
- A visualized intro to the basic concepts of probability theory
- Basics of probability in seven bite-sized videos
- Probability theory explanation by Crash Course with real-life examples
- Probability explained by Harvard educators
- An introduction to Bayesian methods + probabilistic programming with a computation/understanding-first, mathematics-second point of view. All in pure Python.
- An explanation of the Bayes theorem, which is believed to be the most important one in probability theory
- An introduction to Bayes Theorem for Machine Learning
- Introduction to Statistics for Data Science
- Eight-hour course that covers the essentials of statistics, and introduces the various methods used to collect, organize, summarize, interpret and reach conclusions about data
- An Introduction to Statistical Hypothesis Testing
- Step-by-step statistics tutorial that teaches students how to perform hypothesis testing in statistics by working examples and solved problems
- An explanation of how to write the null and alternate hypothesis as part of a hypothesis test in statistics
- A video tutorial that explains how to calculate the P-value in hypothesis testing
Maximum Likelihood Estimation
Optimization for Data Scientists
Optimization is one of the three pillars that Data Science professionals must understand thoroughly. Familiarize yourself with its fundamentals.
Algorithms and data structures
- Introduction to sorting techniques in Data Structure
- A part of the Data structures and Algorithms course, dedicated to Big O notation
Basics of Python/SQL
- Instructions for setting up a virtual environment
Introduction to Python and Data Science stack
- A quick crash course on both the Python programming language and its use for scientific computing
This is the “starter pack” to begin your Data science journey. If you find this specialization exciting and would like to dive deep into the world of data, check out our educational programs in Data Science and join us to broaden your knowledge and enrich it with hands-on experience.